Find here the latest updates on NAN recruitment 2023, including application instructions, form, www.nan.ng, and important dates.
Are you familiar with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) and keen on applying for their upcoming hiring?
Delighted to provide you with a comprehensive guide on NAN recruitment, so keep reading for all the essential details.
Overview of the NAN Recruitment Exercise
In Nigeria, newspapers, electronic media, and bloggers heavily rely on the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) for news content.
Established in 1976 by Decree 19, NAN holds a prestigious position as a government entity.
Working for NAN is not just honorable but also offers an attractive salary and various perks. If you’re curious about this year’s recruitment, let’s find out if the process has commenced.
Is NAN Recruitment 2023 Ongoing?
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) is gearing up for a nationwide recruitment drive in 2023.
Eligible candidates from any Nigerian state, including FCT, can access the free job application form on www.nan.ng, the online recruiting platform.
General Requirements for NAN Recruitment 2023
Potential applicants should meet these basic requirements, according to the National News Agency of Nigeria.
The National News Agency of Nigeria sets specific prerequisites for potential candidates.
- To apply, one must be a Nigerian citizen with valid identification like a national ID card or a foreign passport.
- Additionally, the applicant must have obtained a minimum of five credits in both English Language and Mathematics, with no more than two sittings, in exams such as WAEC, GCE, NCE, or NABTEB.
- Moreover, individuals holding diplomas, HNDs, B.Sc., or degrees in related fields are eligible to participate.
- A cooperative spirit and teamwork are valued traits, while the ability to analyze, possess knowledge, and adapt to new work environments are essential for the role.
- Candidates must be computer literate have an advantage.
- Strategic and holistic thinking ability
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Capability to pay adequate attention to detail
- If necessary, the candidate should be willing to relocate to any part of the country.
- He or she should be capable of working with little or no supervision.
- Candidates with relevant work experience have an advantage.
Prospective applicants should keep an eye on www.nan.ng, the online recruitment portal, for future opportunities, even though the recruitment process is not currently active.
How to Apply for NAN Jobs in 2023
- To apply visit the career portal website at www.nan.ng.
- Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.
- Press “careers” in the quick links section you’ll see.
- Choose the position for which you want to apply, then log in to complete the online application form.
- Upload all your valid documents.
- Check your application for errors.
- Then submit it.
During the application process, you must scan and upload the following documents:
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
- Professional Certificates
- First School Leaving Certificate
- WASC/SSCE or NECO
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Age Declaration
- LGA Identification
- Guarantors form
Tips for a Successful NAN Job Application
- Exclusively apply via the NAN recruitment portal at www.nan.ng.
- Only one application per applicant is allowed.
- Avoid any financial transactions concerning the NAN recruitment form, as it is entirely cost-free.
- Submitting falsified documents will lead to prosecution.
- Ensure timely submission of your form before the application deadline.
NAN Recruitment Deadline
The specific application deadline for NAN recruitment will be revealed when this year’s process kicks off. For queries, drop them in the comments section below.
NAN Frequently Asked Questions
How Much is NAN in Nigeria?
Priced at ₦2,750, the Nesle NAN 1 Opitpro serves as a nourishing infant formula, specially designed for babies aged 0-6 months. Enriched with iron and an optimized protein blend, it provides the ideal nourishment for your baby’s physical and mental growth.
What are the Services Rendered by Nan?
An array of informative offerings awaits you: news services, bulletins, press reviews, in-depth news, impact service, cultural service, and the daily news digest.
What are the Top 3 News Agency?
Standing tall as the most impactful news agencies worldwide are Agence France Press (AFP), Reuters, and the Associated Press.
What is the First Newspaper in Nigeria?
For a span of eight years, from 1859 to 1867, Ìwé Ìròhìn fún àwọn ará Ẹgbá àti Yorùbá served as a significant Yoruba and English newspaper, catering to the Egba people of Abeokuta and the wider Yorubaland.
What is a News Agency Called?
A news agency, synonymous with press agency, press association, wire service, or news service, operates as an organization responsible for collecting, composing, and disseminating news globally or within a nation to newspapers, magazines, radio and television stations, government entities, and various other recipients.
Who Founded Newspaper in Nigeria?
Nigeria’s printing journey began in 1846 with a press in Calabar by the Presbyterian mission, yet the first newspaper surfaced in 1859 when Reverend Henry Townsend of the Christian Missionary Society (CMS) founded what is widely recognized as the pioneer.
Who Regulates Newspapers in Nigeria?
As a Parastatal, the Nigerian Press Council was established to uphold ethical press practices and maintain elevated professional standards for the country’s media. Much like other Press Councils worldwide, its core responsibilities revolve around ensuring ethical standards in journalism.
Was the Second Newspaper in Nigeria?
Following Iwe Iroyin, the Anglo-African emerged as Nigeria’s second newspaper.
What are the Functions of the News Agency of Nigeria?
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), akin to the Nigerian Television Authority, serves as a government-owned news reporting agency. It was established to efficiently distribute news within Nigeria and to the global community, while also countering negative narratives about the country.
What is News Format?
Journalists commonly refer to the organization of news stories as an inverted pyramid. Vital and captivating elements take the lead while supporting details cascade in descending order of significance.